2016-present: Associate Professor //to check
- Power Electronics
- Switched Mode Power converters
- Renewable energy Applications
Selected Journal Publications
- Genetic Algorithm Driven Generic Estimation Model of Lithium-Ion Battery for Energy Balance Calculation in Spacecraft Article IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Volume 57, Year 2021, Pages 2726-2736 DOI:10.1109/TIA.2021.3059194
- A Fixed Zone Perturb and Observe MPPT Technique for A Standalone Distributed PV System Article IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Year 2021 DOI:10.1109/JESTPE.2021.3065916
- A Unified Control Scheme for a Standalone Solar-PV Low Voltage DC Microgrid System with HESS Sijo Augustine ., Mahesh K. Mishra ., N. Lakshminarasamma ., Article IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Volume 8, Year 2020, Pages 1351-1360 DOI:10.1109/JESTPE.2019.2916421
- Multisource Switched Capacitor Based Boost Multilevel Inverter for Photovoltaic-Based Systems Satish Ramaiah ., N. Lakshminarasamma ., Mahesh Kumar Mishra .,Article IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Volume 35, Year 2020, Pages 2558-2570 DOI:10.1109/TPEL.2019.2924649
- Dead-Zone Free Control Scheme for H-Bridge Buck-Boost Converter Article IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Volume 56, Year 2020, Pages 6619-6629 DOI:10.1109/TIA.2020.3018423
- An improved FS-MPC algorithm for vienna rectifier based EV chargers Conference Paper 2020 IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo, ITEC 2020, Year 2020, Pages 1103-1108 DOI:10.1109/ITEC48692.2020.9161596
- Analytical Estimation of Peak Temperature in Power Electronic Systems with Multi-Layered Heat Sink Including Convection Mode of Heat Transfer Kumar V.;Lakshminarasamma N.;Nidhin K.;Balanethiram S.;Chakravorty A. Conference Paper 2020 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Smart Grid and Renewable Energy, PESGRE 2020, Year 2020 DOI:10.1109/PESGRE45664.2020.9070446
- Investigation of Resonant Transition Converter Performance for Step-up/Step-down Operation Niraja Swaminathan ., N Lakshminarasamma ., Conference Paper 2020 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Smart Grid and Renewable Energy, PESGRE 2020, Year 2020 DOI:10.1109/PESGRE45664.2020.9070412
- Generalized Predictive DCM Average Current Controller and Digital Conduction Mode Detection Method for Power Converters Harish Sudhakaran Nair ., N Lakshminarasamma ., Conference Paper 2020 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Smart Grid and Renewable Energy, PESGRE 2020, Year 2020 DOI:10.1109/PESGRE45664.2020.9070585
- Topologies for Battery Fed Low Power High Voltage Capacitor Charging Circuits Vaishnavi Ravi ., N Lakshminarasamma ., Conference Paper 2020 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Smart Grid and Renewable Energy, PESGRE 2020, Year 2020 DOI:10.1109/PESGRE45664.2020.9070563
● Power Electronics, Switched Mode Power converters, Renewable energy Applications
Research Sponsored/Consultancy Projects carried out As Principal Investigator
- Development of high power step converter for Electric Vehicles, Defence Research and Development Organization(2016-2018).
- Development of high voltage programmable power supply from -5 KV to 5 KV from input 24 V,Vikram Sarabhai Space center,Trivandrum(2015-2018).
- Development of Power Electronic Interface unit for low power and high power loads fed from Solar PV,Innovative Project Sponsored by Institute(2014-2015).
- Formation of PV based DC grid and its interaction with AC grid,Renault Nissan(2012-2014).
- Design and Development of 2 kW Battery Discharge Regulator,Indian Space Research Organization(2011-2014).
- Development of high efficiency and high power density standalone/solar power processing system,Institute Sponsored Project((2009-2012).
Research Sponsored/Consultancy Projects carried out As Co-Investigator
- Center of power for Excellence for Control and co-ordination of microgrid system with multiple renewable energy resources and storage system,DST(2015-2018).
- Center of power for Excellence for Decentralized Power System,MHRD(2013-2018).
- Decentralized solar PVpower for commercial buildings,Indo-USScience &Technology(2013-2018).
- Development of Solarpowered air conditioners and desert air-coolers,Dept.of Science and Technology(2013-2015).
- Validation of EMI/EMC studiesat the air funnel area of Chennai Airport,Chennai Metro Rail Limited(2012-2013).
- National Mission for Virtual Laboratories-ELE 2,Dept. Of Science and Technology(2010-2013).
- A Single Remote Control Unit For Controlling Various Devices Jhunjhunwala Ashok | Narasamma Lakshmi Patent No. In201400663i4 Published Filed 2014-02-12 Published 2015-12-25
- A Method And System For Maximizing Power Efficiency In A Solar Dc System Jhunjhunwala Ashok | Ramamurthi Bhaskar | Narasamma Lakshmi | Vasudevan Krishna | Mannar Sai Ram Patent No. In340053b Published Filed 2014-11-06 Published 2020-07-03
- An Adaptive Zone Based Mppt Scheme For Exploiting The Maximum Power From The Solar Pv Array Swaminathan Niraja | Lakshminarasamm A N Indian Institute Of Technology Madras ( Indian Institute Of Technology Madras),In Patent No. In201841042810a Completed Filed 2018-11-14 Published 2020-05-15
- Dc-Current Compensation To Mitigate Dc-Current In The Transformer For Phase-Modulated Full Bridge Converters Lakshminarasamma N | Swaminathan Niraja Indian Institute Of Technology Madras,In Patent No. In201841031205a Completed Filed 2018-08-20 Published 2020-02-21
- Energy Model Based Controlled Charge-Discharge Operation Of Low Power High Voltage Capacitive Load Subhransu Satpathy | Lakshminarasamma N Indian Institute Of Technology Madras Patent No. In201741020105a Completed Filed 2017-06-08 Published 2018-12-14
Awards & Recognitions
- 2014-Seriius Magdeep Award, received by S.Niraja, PhD student for colloborative work at Arizona State University for reliability and testing standards for Un-interrupted DC programmable module under SERIIUS-Indo US project.
- 2014-Innovative project Award, for project on Design and Implementation of Solar Interface unit for DC and AC loads.
- 2014-Prof. Achim Bopp Hardware Project Award, for (M. Tech) project on Design and Implementation of Controller for BLDC Machine using PIC Microcontroller..
- 2013-Best Paper Award for paper on “`A new auxiliary current injection circuit for improved transient response of step-up/step-down DC-DC converters”, in Industrial Electronics Society, 39th IEEE IECON 2013.
- 2011-Bhagyalakshmi and Krishna Ayengar Award, outstanding energy Project(MTech) on “Analysis, Design and Implementation of Soft Switching in Synchronous DC-DC Converters”.
- 2011-Bhagyalakshmi and Krishna Ayengar Award, received for outstanding energy Project(BTech) on “Design and development of PV systems with Maximum Power Point tracking”
- 2007-Best Paper Award, for paper on “A new family of soft transition converters: Design and dynamic model”, in National Power Electronics Conference, IIsc, Bangalore, 2007.
- 2005-Best Paper Award, for paper on “Construction projects in the curriculum of switched mode power conversion”, in National Power Electronics Conference, IIT Kharagpur, 2005.